Install 64-bit Microsoft Database Drivers – The Microsoft Office is available for users with 32-bit and 64-bit installed on their systems. This means you can visit Office.com/Setup and install the Office 365 for both 32-bit and 64-bit device. The application designed for 32-bit only works on the 32-bit device only, and the same goes for the 64-bit applications.
Install 64-bit Microsoft Database Drivers
Note – Microsoft does not support the side-by-side installation of 32-bit and 64-bit Microsoft Office or their dependent components.
Whenever you try to install the 64-bit version on the 32-bit or vice versa, you get the error message. The error message says that the version you are trying to install is not compatible with your version.
But we have looked and found a workaround for the user.
Method to Install 64-bit Microsoft Database Drivers
Before you follow these steps to Install 64-bit Microsoft Database Drivers, should check the following details:
- Go to the Registry Editory, for that you can search for “regedit” and click on regedit.exe.
- Then go to the following address “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\FilesPaths”.
- Check for the “mso.dll” file in it.
If this is present then you have 64-bit software and you can Install 64-bit Microsoft Database Drivers without having to follow the workaround. In case the “mso.dll” is not present then you have 32-bit software and you need to follow the workaround steps.
Work Around to Install 64-bit Microsoft Database Drivers
Follow these steps to install 64-bit Microsoft Database Drivers alongside 32-bit Microsoft Office.
- Open the command prompt by writing “cmd” in the Windows search box.
- Type the file path and file name of the 64-bit Access Database Engine 2010 install file, followed by a space and “/passive” (this runs the installation without showing any error messages).
- After that, open the Registry Editor by typing the “regedit” in the search box.
- Now go to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\FilesPaths” in the Registry Editory tab.
- If you do not see the “mso.dll” then you will be able to re-configure the application. And this “Reconfigure” message will appear everytime you launch the Office application.
You can use the same step to install the Service Pack 1 on the 64-bit device.
Similar Queries – office.com/setup
- Microsoft Access database engine 2010 64 bit download
- Microsoft Access database engine 2016 64 bit download
- Excel 2016 OD driver download 64-bit
- Microsoft Access database engine 2007 for windows 10 64 bit
- You cannot install the 32-bit version of Microsoft access database engine 2016
- Microsoft Access database engine 2017
- MS access ODBC driver for windows 7 32 bit free download
- Microsoft Access database engine 2013
These are some of the similar queries of the users related to the “Install 64-bit Microsoft Database Drivers”. If you are also facing the same issues then you can contact the Microsoft Office technician. For that, simply place a call at the toll-free number or you can visit office.com/setup and get efficient support.